Thursday, November 17, 2011

This one is a few days late

Garden Potato Salad


1/2 cup extra vigil olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons salt
8 oz. green beans, trim ends and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
2 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, shallot, and pepper together in large bowl.  Reserve 1/4 cup of dressing in a measuring, cover.

Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in large saucepan, add green beans and salt.  Cook uncovered into green beans are slightly tender.  Using slotted spoof, transfer beans to a plate lined with paper towels to drain a bit.  Then add to bowl with dressing, toss to coat.  Add potatoes to simmering water, bring to a boil, cook until just tender.  Transfer to colander and drain.  Add hot potatoes to the bowl with beans and dressing.  Toss gently and let sit at least 10 minutes.  Add the parsley, chives, basil, and reserved dressing to bowl.  Blend gently and serve.

You can substitute 3 tablespoons of lemon juice for the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill for basil.



As it was pointed out to me yesterday, I didn't post anything over the weekend.  Sorry for the delay, things have been a little busy this week, but I am making up for it.  This recipe was pretty simple to put together.  I did substitute the lemon juice for the vinegar because that is what I already had at home and I used frozen green beans instead of fresh.  Both worked well.  This is probably my least favorite recipe so far.  Don't get me wrong, this potato salad was good and the fresh herbs add a nice flavor, but I prefer a creamier mayonnaise based potato salad.  I'm taking it to work tomorrow for our Thanksgiving potluck lunch.  Hopefully my co-workers like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment