Sunday, February 26, 2012

It may not be summer, but I'm ready to BBQ

Barbecue Chicken


Cut a 3 1/2 pound chicken in serving pieces, salt and pepper.  Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in skillet.  Brown chicken and place in roasting pan or casserole.  Sauce: combine in bowl 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 small white onion finely chopped, 1 clove garlic finely minced, 1/4 cup A-1 sauce.  Blend well and pour over chicken.  Bake in preheated oven, 350 degrees, covered 1 hour.  Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until tender.



One word: YUMMY!!  I was a little leery about making homemade BBQ sauce, but I was pleasantly surprised when this dish came out of the oven.  I did not buy a whole chicken however.  I used half a package of chicken breast tenderloins and cut the sauce recipe in half.  This turned out perfectly!  Especially since it's just me.  I had enough for dinner tonight and just enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I heated up some green beans and some baked beans and had quite a wonderful little dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment