Sunday, December 4, 2011

The whole enchilada

Chicken Enchiladas


10 flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chiles
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
3 - 4 cups cooked chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Mix all except tortillas, 1 cup of cheese, and chicken.  Heat ingredients in saucepan.  Mix chicken with half of the sauce, fill tortillas, roll up, place in lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.  Top with remaining sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until hot.



It's snowing this evening and hot and cheesy enchiladas were perfect for the weather.  I used raw tortillas that I fried up myself (the brand is Tortilla Land and they are sold at Walmart if you are interested) and they really made this dish.  They are my favorite tortillas.  I also used an entire 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles, not just 2 tablespoons.  The sauce was a little soupy because of the chicken broth, but it tasted great.  They took a little while to put together only because I had to cook up all the chicken first; I would recommend doing that ahead of time if you plan on making these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment